Offset Palette knife
Various palette knives
Spray bottle of water
Synthetic paint brushes
Golden Acrylic Paint
Golden Glazing Medium
Golden Polymer Varnish
- Gesso your board.
- Trace your board on a piece of paper
- Stamp out some design ideas using Rubbermoon Stamps and an ink pad
- This will allow you to work quickly without your texture paste drying too fast for you
- Spread thin layer of Wood Icing Texture Paste on Wood using off-set palette knife
- This is the time to work quickly so the texture paste doesn’t dry
- Spritz texture paste lightly with water
- Begin stamping designs into the texture (wet the stamps a bit if they are getting stuck or pulling Wood Icing away from the board)
- Add more texture if you feel you would like to using a palette knife
- Let dry over night
- Apply Golden Acrylic Paint onto the textured surface thinned with water and or Golden Acrylic Glazing Medium
- Scrub the color into the texture with a medium stiff brush (synthetic works nicely)
- Wipe away excess color with a rag to bring out details in the texture.
- Leave some darker colors in the cracks and crevices
- Continue to paint until you are satisfied.
- Feel free to dry with a hairdryer between layers to keep the color from coming up.
- Let the project dry over night
- Varnish with Golden Polymer Varnish (follow mixing instructions on the bottle)
- Let dry thoroughly.